The goal of STARS is to help struggling readers become successful in the general education classroom. Reading tutors called RTI Specialists were hired for each school to provide reading interventions for K-3 students.
- Teach research-based interventions.
- Constantly monitor student progress.
- Collect important data to share with teachers and the ESD.
Staff Reference Material
Phonics for Reading Template
Responsive Reading Template
New Responsive Reading Template Kindergarten
New Responsive Reading Template 1st Grade
New Responsive Reading Template 2nd Grade
New Responsive Reading Template 3rd Grade
RRI Approximate Grade Level Performance
Sound Partners Template
Staff Quick Reference Materials
How To - Input Data
- Log in to Data Director and select the proper school.
- Select Assessments tab on the top left side of the screen.
- In the search criteria select ELA-Reading and click search
- Scroll down pressing the + on the assessments you wish to view and then select the cycle.
- On the lefts side select “Enter/Edit Data (Multiple)“
- Find the student and enter the data and then select “Save and return to results”
How To - Download and View/Modify a Report
- log in to Data Director.
- Select the proper school if you have the option to.
- Select The Reports tab on the top left side of the screen.
- Click on view all.
- Select the report you want.
- On the left side select refine data set and make your changes.
- Make sure the student you are creating the report for is listed.
- Select the .xls.
- Select “save”, it should now ask you what you want to name it and where you want to save it. The file must be named report_results. We also suggest that you save it in the Documents folder under a folder. You have to create the folder, name it Stars Reports.
- You are now finished in Data Director. If this was the only student you needed a report for, you may close Data Director. If you are going to be accessing another student, leave Data Director open and continue to the next step.
- Locate the template you want to use in the template list above. Click on it.
- You should now get the option to open or save the template. Click save.
- After clicking save it should ask you where you would like to save it. Navigate to the same folder that you saved the report_results file in. It is very important that both the template and the report_results file are saved in the same location. If they are not, the report will not work.
- Once the template has finished downloading you can open it. Once open you may be prompted to allow updating or enable content, say yes or allow. The template should show the information for the student in the report_results file. If it does not, please make sure you followed these instructions properly.
- Make changes (teacher names, recommendations, etc…)
- You should now be ready to print the template or save it to a new name.
- If you did not close out of data director, you should be able to start over with refine data (step 6) for the next student.